Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Othello

At first, I was really confused with Iago's character. I did not know he was jealous of Cassio until later on in the play. But now that I am aware, I pay more attention to Iago than any other character. He is mean. He is rude and sneaky. Iago is jealous of Cassio and has planned to make him lose his power under Othello by saying he likes Othello's wife. Iago is power hungry. Also, it seems to me he has no respect or true love for his wife. No one should trust Iago, yet I feel as though all of the characters truly do. I am nervous to see what other tricks Iago has up his sleeve. Morever, i felt sympathy for Othello when Iago and Rodrigo tried to say he kidnapped the senator's daughter. In the end, everyone seems to have major jealousy for Othello. He is held to a high post by the Duke.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, make sure all of your blogs are including specific passages that support what you're pointing out.

    ReplyDelete