Thursday, April 21, 2011

Frankenstein-Internal Conflict

"I sat one evening in my laboratory; the sun had set, and the moon was just rising from the sea; I had not sufficient light for my employment, and I remained idle, in a pause of consideration of whether I should leave my labour for the night, or hasten its conclusion by an unremitting attention to it. Three years before I was engaged in the same manner..and filled it forever with bitter remorse." page 120


Internal conflict is a struggle within the character hiimself. Victor one of the characters that endure this trouble. The very first time he created a monster, he swore he would neve do it again. He stated it was a disaster and a bad decision. Now, the monster is demanding him to create a female creature so he will not be lonely. Victor proceeds to say he well. However, it is eating him up inside. He does not know if it is the right thing for him to do. His health will suffer and he will endure the pain and anger he had on the first one. Creating a monster takes talent and effort. Victor struggles with finding the strength to carrry out this action. Another area where Victor has internal conflict is with his marrying Elizabeth. He fears if he marries her, the monster will attack her if he does not create him a companion. Many thoughts are running through Victor's brain that is causing him an internal struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment