Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wuthering Heights-crazy heathcliff

"May she wake in torment! why she is a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there-not in heaven-not perished where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! and I pray one prayer-I repeat it til my tongue stiffens-Catherine Earnshaw may you not rest, as long as I am living!...I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!" page 171


Obviously, Heathcliff has turned crazy. He has an obsessive love for Catherine and when she dies, he does not know what he has to live for, or what he can do with his life now that he does not have her to coincide with. As a result, he freaks out about her death and wants her to follow him and haunt him so that he knows she is near. Heathcliff is a mad man. He would do anything to have her back and be with him. He wants to control her and make her do as he pleases. From here on out, Heathcliff is a psycho. He always has Catherine on the mind and tries ways to block the memories by hurting others since she hurt him so much in her lifetime. He wants revenge and is violent in ways to obtain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment