Thursday, April 21, 2011

Frankenstein-Victor

"Have my murderous machinations deprived you also, my dearest Henry, of life? Two I have already destroyed; other victims await their destiny: but you, Clerval, my friend, my benefactor-" page 129


Victor is becoming crazy. He is losing people he loves and cannot take the stress nor the hurt any longer. He starts to blame himself for the deaths of his loved ones and was sick. The monster only caused anxiety and hurt in his life. He states that he felt the monster grasping his neck. This is an instance where he becomes dillusional. ONe of the reasons Victor is becoming so crazy is because he has yet to tell someone of the monster he created. He trys to keep it a secret, but it is becoming too much for him to handle alone. Victor stated that he wished he was dead to be set free from the monster and all its problems. Victor is a character who readers sympahize with. He is tormented for his precious goal that he achieved and does not know how to live a normal life after it is created. The monster is constantly causing troubles and conflicts on Victor. I feel bad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment