Wednesday, July 7, 2010

#20 last one!

For my last bl0g, I'm not quite sure what i want to blog about. I did the literary terms and blogged about some other characteristics of the novel. I guess for my last one I will make a connection between my blog title and the book as a whole. When I first made my blog title, i had not yet started reading. But as I was going through, I realized that the three words (peace, hope, and love) are brought out in The Things They Carried. In every war, people only want there to be peace. At the camps, amongst soldiers, there needs to be a sense of peace to accomplish the great tasks. The people have hope that they will one day be out of danger. Mark Fossie hoped that Mary Anne would come back to her normal self and Jimmy Cross hoped that Martha would truly love him. Lastly, love. Love is present in just about everything. In this book, there are three accounts thast stick out where the author talks about love and romance. Tim and Laura, Jimmy and Martha, Mark and Mary Anne are the three situations. So, in the end my title truly does relate to the novel. It's funny how things tend to work out :]

No comments:

Post a Comment