Friday, August 13, 2010

last one!

Finally! My summer reading is over! This book dragged on for me. For my last blog, I want to tie in my title to the book, just as I did for The Things They Carried.
Peace- Throughout the novel, the characters endure pain and circumstances that require peace to settle them. However, Robert does not use peace when he hurts Romero.
Hope-Robert has hope that one day Brett will realize that he is the one for her. He loves her and wants to be with her. But, as we all know, Brett does not have those feeling for Robert. Also, they all have hope to make it happy in life and travel together.
Love-Well, I'm pretty sure we are all aware of all the "loves" in Brett's life. She loves basically all the guy characters in the book. Eventhough she is engaged, she still goes off with Romero and still loves Jake.

1 comment: